Plan Your Visit To Greater Hamilton
Our beautiful region is the perfect place to pause, stop and discover new places and new faces. Browse our itineraries below and ensure you pop into our Visitor Information Centres to take a break and recharge, with free kid’s activities, postcards, personalised itineraries and other points of interest to discover.
HAMILTON IN TWO DAYS
With so many potential adventures, take a break and explore Hamilton in all of its natural beauty across two full days of memory making fun! Bring your camera – you will need it!
DUNKELD IN TWO DAYS
Nestled at the Southern Tip of the Grampians (Gariwerd) National Park is a remarkable town of striking contrasts, waiting to be explored. So take a break, celebrate the natural environment, and delve into Dunkeld!
GREATER HAMILTON IN THREE DAYS
Greater Hamilton… wide open spaces, fresh air, fantastic people and delightful surprises… a three-day sojourn in Greater Hamilton will leave you feel relaxed, rejuvenated and ready to continue onto your next adventure.
TRADE THE COAST FOR THE COUNTRY
Take the scenic (and sensational) route as you travel from the coast to the country. May we suggest a trip inland where you will bear witness to some of the region’s most
incredible sites and experiences, and this trip is totally pup-friendly!
PAUSE. STOP. AND STAY SAFE THESE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS. MAKE A CHOICE NOT TO DRIVE WHEN TIRED, BY FOLLOWING THESE GUIDELINES TO PREVENT DRIVING DROWSY.
- Plan your journey ahead of time.
- Aim to get enough quality sleep before driving – regardless of whether the trip is a long or short.
- Avoid driving at times when you would usually be sleeping.
- Don't travel for more than 8 - 10 hours a day.
- Plan to pause from the road at least every two hours.
- Consider swapping drivers where possible.
- Don't drink alcohol before your trip -even a small amount can significantly contribute to driver fatigue.
- Take a 15 minute powernap if you feel drowsy.
- Pause and stop for a visit at the Dunkeld Visitor Information Centre or the Hamilton Visitor Information Centre and enjoy free children's activities including colouring in, postcards and tailored itinerary with points of interest.
TALK TO A LOCAL
Call our friendly team at the Hamilton and Grampians Visitor Information Centre for more info on our towns, villages, and the huge range of regional events.
Acknowledgment of Traditional Owners
We acknowledge Greater Hamilton is in Gunditjmara, Djab Wurrung and Bunganditj Country. We acknowledge this land that has been cared for by the traditional owners, past and present. Traditional Owners sharing the beauty and joy of these lands and waterways is a privilege, one we repay with respect for their country, Elders and people.