Looking for a little inspo to get your family out, about and enjoying the greatness of Greater Hamilton. Well, look no further. We have compiled an exceptional list of family-friendly activities, all located within this fantastic region. Here are 20 of Greater Hamilton’s fun and family-friendly activities.
1. Kick the footy on the pristine Melville Oval, Hamilton.
3. Stop and smell the flowers at the Hamilton Botanic Gardens.
4. Spot the platypus at dawn and dusk from the Grange Burn Footbridge.
6. Fish – Camp – Walk at Rocklands Reservoir, Balmoral.
7. Climb Mount Picaninny, Dunkeld. This climb is a more gentle incline, suitable for little legs.
8. Splash about at Hamilton Indoor Leisure and Aquatic Centre (HILAC).
9. Make a wish at the Hamilton Botanic Garden’s wishing well.
10. Launch the kayak at Nigretta Falls, Wannon.
11. Discover the nature play zones at HIRL Parklands and Bandicoot Enclosure.
12. Wander Wannon Falls, Wannon.
13. Swing to new heights at the Lakes Edge Adventure Playground, Hamilton.
14. Test the ninja skills of the family at the public Patterson Park Ninja Warrior fitness course, Hamilton.
15. Take the family pooch for a run and play at the Lake Hamilton Dog Dark.
16. Discover the wonders of the volcanic era at the Volcanoes Discovery Centre, Penshurst.
17. Skate up a storm at the Hamilton Skate Park.
18. Fish for a rainbow trout at the Dunkeld Arboretum. Rainbow Trout are released into the ponds twice a year, providing easy access for anglers.
19. Take your wheels for a spin on the Hamilton Tarrington Bike Trail.
20. Sight a Wedge Tail Eagle at Walker Swamp, Dunkeld.